Thursday 2 April 2015

The Pearly King

























Here is my second Shaun design, 'The Pearly king', based on London's cockney royalty known for their distictive pearly button covered clothes.

Here is Pearly in progress:





































I really enjoyed painting this Shaun, and pain stakingly applying all the buttons[There are over 4,000] used to make the decorative patterens, I'm only glad I didn't have to sew each one on!  I particulary like the LAMBeth walk joke on his tail!

The Pearly King will be on display to raise money for Children in hospital across the Uk at Liverpool Street Train Station in London from 28th March until 25th May.

Thank you Saunders Creative for their assistance with producing thousands of vinyl buttons!

No comments:

Post a Comment