Saturday 21 March 2015

Counting sheep





















Its been a bit of a blog-free zone round here the last six months or so, but I'm back with lots of news and so I plan to blog daily over the next week with a series of 'catch up' posts to get myself back on track.......starting right now:

In September I was delighted to discover that one of the designs I submitted for the Shaun in the City project was chosen from over 2000 entires.  This is a Shaun the Sheep sculpture trail, following the huge success of the award winning Gromit unleashed  art trail in 2013 which raised an amazing £2.3 million for the Bristol Children's Hospital when the sculptures eventually went to auction.

By November I was happily back at Aardman HQ [where I spent time in the summer of 2013 for the Gromit Unleashed project see here] painting my sheep sculpture.  Whilst working here I was commissioned to paint more Shauns, some my own designs and some for other people. So, I have found myself installed in the Aardman painting space off and on for the past 5 months, which is no bad thing in my books!  At this point in time I am unable to disclose any of the designs.

Shaun in the City is 'a trail of two cities', organised by The Grand Appeal and Aardman, this time to raise money for children's hospitals across the country.  There will be over 50 'Shaun' sculptures on display across London during March, April and May, and then another flock to be exhibited in Bristol over June and July [both 2015].  I am chuffed to bits to be part of this brilliant and fun event and for such a good cause.  I can't wait to see all the other designs and have back the happy buzz that the Gromit trail created in Bristol.

No comments:

Post a Comment