Wednesday 26 June 2013

Gromit Unleashed [part 1]

I've been a bit quiet on the blog front lately, but for good reason, I have been very busy painting giant dogs!

I am lucky enough to have been asked to design and paint 3 Gromit sculptures for the forthcoming Gromit Unleashed project. This is a public art exhibition led by Aardman Animation, creators of Wallace and Gromit.

80 x 5 ft fibreglass scultpures of Gromit will be 'unleashed' across the city of Bristol at the beginning of July for 10 weeks.

Each sculpture has be individually designed and created by invited artists.  At the end of the exhibition, the sculptures will be auctioned to raise funds for Wallace & Gromit's Grand Appeal, the Bristol Children's Hospital Charity.

I will post more next week when the trail is up and running, as I have been asked not to show any images until then.  The photo above shows the space where I have been working and the paw prints left by the dogs I have painted [2 big ones and a small one], there are also prints from Axel Scheffler's Gromit, illustrator of the children's book The Gruffalo.

1 comment:

  1. Nice project, looking forward to seeing your work in situ.

    ReplyDelete